Many of our supporters like to contribute to specific projects. The following list was developed by the Center Administrators and our Board members after their recent visit to Africa.
Please send funds for the following:
Personal Items for the Kids
Capital Projects - Hope for Children Center
- Textbooks and books for the orphanage libraries ($1,000)
- School uniforms, clothes, shoes ($4,500)
- High school tuition ($800/year per student).
Capital Projects - Maranatha Children's Home
- Replace kitchen ($10,000)
- Irrigation System
- Piping of water to all buildings
- Construction of new latrines for each dormitory
- Computers to teach computer skills and for homework ($3,000)
- Two file cabinets, ten plastic chairs, and a flag pole for the school ($150)
- Sports gear for 30 children ($1100)
- Fencing for all Hope Center property
- Connect to city water system (waiting on quote from the city)
- Piping water to each building
- Bathroom for Matron's quarters
- Stainless steel kitchen work table
- Musical instruments and music books - traditional drums, keyboard, guitar, ukelele
- Computers and air tine for a year for high school students ($6200)
If you can help by donating toward one of these projects, you can either donate online or by mail. If you donate online, please choose the HTHM General Fund and write the project you want the money to go toward in the Notes section.
If you donate by mail, please include a note listing the projects you want to donate toward.
To learn more about these projects and how you can help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.